A PICTURE PERFECT SMILE WITH
Porcelain Dental Veneers
Veneers are an ideal cosmetic solution for everyone who desires a beautiful smile with minimal invasions into their teeth.
We can improve your facial appearance and boost your confidence with dental veneers by hiding your natural teeth behind a very thin layer of porcelain. Veneers can be used to change the shape, size, color and symmetry of the teeth and smile.
Natural LookingCustomized to match your teeth.
Pain FreeNo pain is involved in the procedure.
Stain ResistantExtremely resistant to stains.
Long LastingPorcelain veneers can last a lifetime.
Best Dental Veneers
If you’re looking for a naturally aesthetic and reliable option for restoring damaged teeth, then veneers are an excellent candidate.
What is a Veneer?
A veneer is a thin shell made from porcelain which is bonded to the front surface of damaged teeth for correcting the structure, function and aesthetics of severely worn or broken teeth. Unlike the fillings, veneers are prepared in the laboratory and are then attached to the teeth by using an adhesive. Therefore there is no pain in the procedure of acquiring veneers.
Who Can Benefit from Dental Veneers?
Veneers can be used for correcting a variety of dental problems. These include the correction of:
- Permanent Teeth Stains – dental veneers are considered as an excellent option for cosmetically masking teeth stains which cannot be removed through a professional whitening procedure.
- Chipped or Fractured Teeth – porcelain veneers offer a cosmetically and functionally superior alternative to the bonded fillings when it comes to the restoration of chipped or broken-down teeth.
- Excessive Teeth Gaps – dentists often recommend veneers to patients who have excess gaps between their teeth, but they cannot afford orthodontic treatment for correcting the problem.
- Smile Makeover – if you are not satisfied with your smile, or the shape or the colour of your teeth, your dentist can give you a complete smile makeover with porcelain veneers.
What is the Process for Getting Veneers?
Getting your teeth restored with veneers is a simple and straightforward process here at Regent Dental Practice in Cambridge and is usually completed in 2-3 sittings. We will always inform you throughly about our process when you visit our dental practice.
Here are the steps involved in getting a set of perfect teeth with veneers:
- Consultation – when you visit us with a fractured or discoloured tooth, first our dentist will make a thorough examination of your teeth and oral health to ascertain whether you are a suitable candidate for getting veneers. Your dentist may also look at the x-rays and study models of your teeth to prepare a customised treatment plan.
- Tooth Preparation – in the next appointment, our dentist will remove a very thin layer of the damaged tooth to create room for the attachment of the veneer. Usually, this process does not require local anaesthesia administration as only a thin layer of tooth structure is removed. However, if our dentist feels that there is a risk of pulp exposure during tooth preparation, he or she may choose to perform the procedure under local anaesthesia.
- Impression Making – after preparing the damaged tooth, our dentist will make an impression of your teeth and send it to the dental laboratory, along with the desired shape and colour of the veneers. This impression is then used by the laboratory to prepare your veneers while making sure that they exactly match the shade and colour of the adjacent teeth. While the veneer is being prepared, our dentist will attach a temporary veneer on the prepared tooth so that your smile and facial aesthetics are not affected during this period.
- Attaching the Veneer – in the final appointment, our dentist will remove the temporary veneers and try-out the prepared veneer on your tooth. When both you and the dentist are satisfied with the fit and aesthetic results, the veneer will be permanently bonded to the tooth with an adhesive.
That’s it. Enjoy your beautiful smile!
Looking After the Veneers
Getting a beautiful smile with dental veneers is very easy; the difficult part is to maintain your smile. Here are a few tips that can help you in prolonging the life of your veneers:
- Prevent Staining – excessive intake of coffee tea, tobacco or strongly coloured beverages can stain your teeth, especially the veneers. Therefore, reducing the consumption of these items can go a long way in preventing the staining of your veneers. For added protection, you should also rinse your mouth with water every time you have a hot or cold drink or smoke a cigarette.
- Brushing and Flossing – by brushing your teeth regularly, you will effectively reduce the chances of the staining of your teeth and veneers. It will also prevent the development of secondary caries around the veneered teeth.
- Visit your Dentist Regularly – when you visit your dentist regularly, any problem with your teeth or the veneers will be diagnosed at an early stage and corrected in time, so that you can maintain a lasting and beautiful smile.
Are you ready to enjoy a brand-new smile? Visit us today and let us transform your looks with porcelain veneers.
If you have a NHS or private dental insurance then your dental treatment may be fully covered. We strongly advise that following your assessment visit, you confirm with the insurance company that you are covered under your insurance policy before going ahead with the treatment.