A BEAUTIFUL SMILE WITH
Here in Cambridge we offer a modern solution of straightening your teeth through clear Invisalign aligners, made specifically to fit your mouth. Regent Dental is a certified Invisalign Provider.
Teeth are sometimes in an irregular position since their outgrowth and sometimes they move later in life. With the Invisalign clear braces we can treat various orthodontic irregularities and achieve a beautiful smile without the discomfort from having metal brackets and wires on your teeth.
Invisible Braces (Invisalign) Vs. Metal braces. Which one do you think looks best?
Regent Dental = Certified Invisalign Dentist in Cambridge
Invisalign is a system of removable clear aligners that are used for restoring the optimal alignment of the teeth, without the need for wearing fixed (very visible) metal braces. The removable aligner technology offers patients with an aesthetic, comfortable and convenient option for getting teeth straightening. As a result, a vast majority of patients now prefer Invisalign clear aligners over the conventional metal braces.
Who Can Benefit from Invisalign?
Generally, the Invisalign aligners are suitable for the treatment of virtually all orthodontic problems. However, they are ideal for you if you seek treatment of any of the following problems:
- Diastema – a diastema is a condition where there is an excessive gap between the teeth. A diastema not only creates difficulties in eating, but it is also a cosmetic concern when it appears in the front teeth.
- Crowded Teeth – crowded teeth are one of the worst enemies of your smile and they also create problems during speech and eating. Invisalign aligners are also suitable for correcting mild to moderate cases of tooth crowding.
- Overbite – the upper teeth remain excessively in front of the lower ones when the mouth is closed.
- Underbite –the lower teeth are excessively ahead of the upper front teeth when they mate.
- Cross-bite – there is abnormal overlapping of the upper and lower teeth. In this condition, most of the teeth remain in an edge-edge condition when the mouth is closed.
- Open Bite – the upper and lower teeth do not mate properly, and a vertical gap remains between them.
How to get them?
The process of getting Invisalign involves the following steps:
- Initial Consultation – When you visit Regent Dental Practice in Cambrdige for your orthodontic treatment, our certified Invisalign dentists will first perform a detailed clinical examination to record your oral health status. Later our dentist will do this to determine whether you are a suitable candidate for getting Invisalign.
- Designing the Aligners – next, your dentist will make impressions of your teeth for preparing the aligners. Unlike the metal braces which require making physical impressions, this new technology allows our dentists to make digital impressions. The digital impressions are not only more accurate, but they are also more convenient and comfortable for the you as a patient. Our dentist will feed the digital impressions of your teeth into special software and use it to prepare a set of aligners for each jaw. These aligners will progressively move your teeth into the desired angulation and direction.
- Preparing your Invisalign Aligners – back at the dental lab, the staff will make the aligners by using the 3D printing technology. Your dentist will number the aligners so that you easily can replace them after wearing each set of aligners.
How Invisalign Treatment Works?
The Invisalign aligners are designed from very flexible polymeric materials. Each aligner is specifically designed to exert controlled forces on your teeth and to gradually move them into optimal alignment. Normally, dentists advise their patients to wear each set of aligners for about 14 days. For maximum effect, you should wear your aligners for at least 22 hours each day. During this period, you will feel that the aligners have become loose. After 14 days, you should switch to the next set of numbered aligners. In this way, with each aligner, you will notice that your teeth are becoming straighter and more aligned. This process will continue until you have worn all the aligners and your teeth have become perfectly aligned.
Now, that you have achieved your dream smile, you might think that the job of your Invisalign aligners is over. It’s not! After completion of your treatment, your dentist will give you retainers, which will ensure that your teeth do not move back to their previous position.
Advantages of Invisalign Aligners?
The Invisalign removable aligners offer several advantages over the conventional metal braces:
- Inconspicuous – Invisalign offers aligners that are made from transparent polymeric materials. As a result, they are not visible when you wear them, and they won’t affect your smile and personality.
- Convenience – unlike the metal braces, the Invisalign aligners are removable; You can remove them whenever you want to eat anything or brush your teeth.
- Efficiency – Invisalign aligners do not create any hindrance during eating or speaking.
- Quick Results – the time required for treating various orthodontic problems is considerably lesser than the metal braces.
The Invisalign aligners offer a modern, aesthetic and convenient alternative to metal braces for the treatment of orthodontic problems. If you or anyone in your family seeks treatment for their misaligned or crooked teeth, then the Invisalign aligners are their best option. Visit your Regent Dental today and start the journey towards perfectly aligned teeth and a beautiful smile.
Come in for a consultation today! Message us for an appointment here.
If you have private dental insurance then your Invisalign treatment may be partially or fully covered. We strongly advise that following your assessment visit you confirm with the insurance company that you are covered under your insurance policy before going ahead with the treatment.